Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

PPA 126 and Paper Players 77: New Memory Box Dies ... I think I am in Love!

Hello Stampers,
I have just discovered Memory Box dies and am in love. The range of designs, their intricacy and the ease with which they cut make them a must have. Much to my delight, my local craft store here in Ottawa - Heather's Stamping Haven - now carries them! I used the arboscello tree to make this card. It follows the Pals Paper Arts colour challenge this week: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla. Since I knew it was going to be a valentine, and since the colour "models" on the PPA blog have red lipstick, I felt adding a touch of red wasn't really breaking the rules! It also fits the theme challenge on the Paper Players Blog this week: All You Need is Love. To create the shadow for the tree, I first cut it out in NQN, and then in BBreeze and layered the two. The little heart is from the two-step owl punch. Be sure to stop by PPA and Paper Players to check the amazing designs. Tell me what you think!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

8 comments:

  1. That touch of red is fabulous and makes all the difference! That tree is also fabulous - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered these dies too! Aren't they awesome. Your card is sweet, love the pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, I just discovered them, too! I love the color scheme and the single little heart. Fabulous card. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little heart and the color scheme is very good.

    Plastic cards
    membership card

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute...I just bought a MB die and it's amazing! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do I think? OMG, I love it! Love the shadow effect on the tree, that glorious tree. The pop of a little red heart is utterly perfect....Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful die cut tree! A gorgeous card, Meg! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meg, this is SO pretty! I just love how the little pops of red jump off the soft blue background. You also inspired me to do a little shopping to check out those dies. That tree is darling! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!