Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays: Black and White Plus One

Hello Everyone,
I was excited to see the challenge at the CAS-ual Fridays blog. Black and white, plus one other colour. I had a request from the principal at  my school to make some thank you cards. She wanted something simple and elegant. When I saw the challenge at CAS-ual Friday, I knew what my colour scheme would be. Then I remembered this card at the wonderfully talented Tasnim's blog. I love the use of value in the way she sponged the background. All of these inspirations combined and I came up with this card.
This was a CAS card indeed. I masked off the sentiment area, and stamped the vines in versamark, then white heat embossed them. Next, I sponged with Broken China Distress ink. Finally, I took off the mask and stemped the sentiment. Really easy and I think a striking result. Thanks for looking.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful elegance of your card! Awesome sponging technique - the subtle Broken China ink looks amazing!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me a sweet hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! masking and distress ink? Love at first sight :) This card is so beautiful and elegant! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking indeed! You've inspired me to get out the versa mark again! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card and wonderful color.....the blue looks fabulous with the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! i love this blue with the white tendrils...fab design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!