Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

Paper Players Challenge 153: Christmas in July

Hello Everyone,
Today I am playing along with the Paper Players Challenge: Christmas in July! Yesterday morning when I checked out the blog for Heather's Stamping Haven here in Ottawa, I saw that the new Memory Box dies Heather had ordered were in. Of course I had to work a stop at Heather's into my morning errands. I got the gorgeous tree die that you see on this card. Now of course a big rationalisation had to go along with the purchase since I really don't NEED another Christmas die - but certainly I cannot send out the same old cards to people every year - so really the purchase was altruistic - it will bring joy and surprise to the recipients. Just to balance out the card, I used "old" Christmas tools too! Hope you like it! I added a touch of B00 (copic) to the tree to create the snow, and used Picket Fences Distress paint dauber to the frame in the background. The star is also a Memory Box die and the banner is from Simon Says Stamp.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. What a charming and classic Christmas card you have created for us, Meg! And, you're right, it will bring incredible joy to the recipient!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the mix of textures, Meg! An all 'round gorgeous holiday card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!