Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Card Camp Week 3 Day 1


Hello Everyone,
I have a card to share inspired by a technique that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated over at Summer Card Camp today: layered background stamping. I used the Mint Motif "Beyond Borders 2" set to create my layered effect. Following Jennifer's directions I stamped the background in white (Color Box Frost White) and then I stamped the same pattern in the negative space with SU's Crumb Cake ink. The sentiment was made using a PTI alpha die set and the little hearts were created with a Martha Stewart punch and an EK Success one. I veered away from this week's colour scheme a little by adding the red hearts and the little hearts in the center are purple although I think they look dark blue in the photo. Anyway, this layered background is a funky new technique I know I will use again - at first it looked complicated, but it turned out to be quite easy. Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on the homework for today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. What alphabet dies did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Papertrey Ink - I forget the name.

      Delete
  3. Another one who ROCKED the background challenge. I LOVE that stamp!! Fabulous use of the technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat background and love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!