Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge: Sheer

HI Everyone,
I have decided to join in the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week. The theme is to include something sheer/clear in your card, I decided to go with vellum. I had seen a card with coloured vellum strips and loved it - I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it, so I can't credit the original designer... If anyone recognizes it, please give me a heads up. Anyway, on to the card,

I cut four strips of Vellum and coloured them with four copics 2BGs, 1RV and 1YR. I then wrapped the focal piece with them. I cut the Paper Smooches "Love" die from Neenah Solar white and coloured it with RV copic. I stamped the "you" from the "Miss You" sentiment from the PS set "Sentiment Sampler". I added the little rhinestone heart for just a little blingification. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

11 comments:

  1. That PS love die is so darn cool and you have let it shine perfectly with your vellum design. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! How FUN!! I LOVE your take on the Challenge and your Neat Design!! I LOVE the different colors of vellum strips so FUN and it really makes the LOVE die pop!! THANKS for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge and I hope you'll find time to play again next week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is beautiful in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colored vellum strips! Very pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the look of the colored vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Blingification" Tee hee! This is absolutely gorgeous. Big congrats on your totally deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is incredible! Congrats on your win! And thanks so much for playing along with this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOOOOOVE the way you colored the vellum-- great color combo! FAB card:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Trend Watch-- hope you play along with us this week at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!