Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Paper Smooches Sparks: Anything Goes

Hello Everyone,
Today I am entering this card in the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I was inspired by this card by Laurie Willison. I have used this layered die cut technique before, but I LOVE that she tucked a red one in the middle. So, for my card I die cut the "Love" word die from Paper Smooches six times from three different colours of red cardstock (SU! Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, and Rose Red) and stacked them from darkest to lightest. Then I added the white top layer and coated it with clear Wink of Stella glitter. You can't really see the Wink of Stella in the photo, but it adds just the right touch of subtle sparkle in real life.
The graduated colour looks really cool in real life. I stamped the "You" and the heart on the background, then I scored the random pattern of lines. I love this look - it is such an easy way to add a bit of texture. The "you" is from PS "Sentiment Sampler" and the heart is from PS "Many Thanks". I added a touch of clear Wink of Stella glitter to the heart too. I really love the way this card turned out. Thanks Laurie for your inspiration and thanks PS for great dies and stamps!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous and love the dimension on your word!! Also thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome CAS card, Meg! Love the dimension the stacked Love die creates, and the scored lines is pure genius! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, this is magnificent in every way!! I love everything about the design and your execution is flawless!! Hope you are enjoying the day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love the way the letters stand out on the background Meg.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!