Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CAS 3: Day 3

Hello Everyone,
Back with my homework for CAS 3! Today we were tackling techniques that use over-stamping and masking to create "optical illusions". My first card was inspired by the masked frame technique demonstrated by Jennifer McGuire. Essentially, you create a frame with masking paper and stamp to create a frame - you can use background stamps or any stamps that could be used to create a border. I chose to use Hero Arts "Looped Circles" and coloured it in with Distress Markers: Tumbled glass and Picke Raspberry. Before removing the mask, I sponged around the outside edge of my frame with Picked raspberry - I love how that turned out. It created a lovely purple with the Tumbled Glass. The sentiment I put in the center of the frame is from The Alley Way Stamps "Speak Easy". I love this sentiment set. I added some dash marks around the middle oval to finish it off (channeling my inner Kristina W!). I created the frame with a nestabilities die and a nesties oval.

I am pleased with the way the card turned out, but I found this whole process quite tedious. I created the frame with Eclipse Masking sheets and they were hard to use - the backing paper was really hard to remove and it was very difficult to put evenly on the card front - that whole process took me the better part of 45 min. So, I will reserve judgment until I try it again. Thanks for stopping by - I love hearing your feedback!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I still need to watch this video and give this technique a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!