Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Feather blended inlaid die cuts

Hello Everyone,
Happy Sunday. Awhile ago I saw this video on Kristina Werner's Blog - it shows how to blend with copics using non-traditional colour combos. I loved this idea and have tried it a couple of times. I more recently saw this video on Jennifer McGuire's blog about inlaid die-cuts - I love the idea of puzzle piecing die cuts together. So... today I decided to combine the two ideas.

Incase you haven't noticed, I have been on a bit of a hot pink and orange kick. I think it is my craving for spring jumping into action! Anyway, I have been eyeing my Memory Box Daisy die (actually called Tilth Flower) and have been letting ideas percolate. It is one of my faves and I want to use it more. So I die cut three of thses flowers and left them intact. I feather-blended (sort of - I didn't want the colours to totally blend to keep a bit of contrast) the orange and the pink (I used a YR and an RV copic for this). Next I die cut three more flowers from white cardstock and then die cut three from my focal panel (pink cardstock),  Next I cut a piece of copy paper the same siz as my pink card stock, covered it completely in tape, then adhered it behind the pink panel. I carefully inlaid the white border of the flowers, and then inlaid the center of the petals. I trimmed it all down, white embossed the sentiment - taken from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler. I love the bright, cheery look of this card. It was a little time-consuming to make, but now that I have the lay out and the steps down, I don't think it would take too long to reproduce. I am keen to try other colour combos.

Anyway, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. We are enjoying a beautiful day here in Perth (Ontario) - it is only -5c and sun, sun, sunny!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. Look at you, Meg, rocking and combining the teachings of Kristina and Jennifer! Woot! Woot!! They will be so proud of you!! Glad to hear you are having some blessed sunshine!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this one Meg! Fabulous blending and what an awesome colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! That feather blending looks so cool especially in the orange and pink! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!