Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

CASology: Tropical

Hello Everyone,
It is time to play along with CASology! This week's cue card is Tropical - what a great inspiration word. You have to head over to check out the design team's cards - they are, as always, fantastic. My design focuses on the colours of a tropical sunrise or sunset.
I had the heart die cut left over from some shaker cards I had made for Valentine's. I inked it up with Picked Raspberry and Spiced marmalade Distress Inks. The colours don't show up as vibrant in the photo as they are in real life. I also used Ardyth's card as inspiration which is where I got the idea for the black silhouette flower. I popped the heart up on foam. The sentiment is stamped in behind the heart and then I lined it up and stamped it on the heart too.

I am pleased with this simple card - hope you like it too!

Happy Stamping,
Meg

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg! I love your popped up heart and the aligned sentiment. Your inking is fabulous, I can see your inspiration from Ardyth and you did it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inking on the heart and I love the silhouetted flower! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!