Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Back in the saddle with CASe this Sketch 189



Hello Everyone,
It has been a looooooooong time since I last posted. No real reason other than regular getting in the way. I think I also lost my blogging mojo. Anyway, here I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I am going to get back into playing along with some challenges again. I have been in the Christmas card mode recently and when I saw the sketch over at CASe this Sketch, I knew I had to take the time to post.

This card uses three different stamp sets: the holly is from CASual Friday's "Merry Kiss-mas"; the globe is from Concord & 9th's "Map Love"; the Peace die is a Simon Says Stamp die, and the "...on earth" is from PTI's "Wonderful Words Holiday additions" - I cut it from a longer sentiment. I stamped the earth, the holly and the sentiment in Versamark and then heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp rose gold embossing powder. I coloured the holly with Copics and then cut the Peace out twice. Once from the panel and also from white craft foam.I backed the whole panel with foam and then pieced it back together, popping each letter up with its foam counterpart. It is super CAS and the rose gold is really striking in real life - it was hard to capture its glitteriness.

Anyway, it feels good to be back - I would love to hear your feedback. Promise to be back again soon.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

5 comments:

  1. WOW.... crisp, clean, beautiful color/detail! Just perfect for CTS #189!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card on CTS Facebook page and had to come take a closer look on your blog. Great job on the sketch. Absolutely love this! I'm always looking for flat Xmas card ideas that I can mail out and this is perfect. Welcome back to blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, this is FANTASTIC. I love the white on white with splashes of red and green. Wonderful construction. Congrats on your win!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!