Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2016

CASology Cue Card: Candle

Hello Everyone,
For a long time I have been mourning the loss of my favourite local craft store: Heather's Stamping Haven. I was not only an enthusiastic customer, but I also taught classes there too. When Heather decided to retire, she was not able to find a buyer for the store:( Recently I discovered another store in the Ottawa area. It is a little far for me - it is in the very east end of the city and I now live 40 minutes west of the city - but, let me tell you it is worth the drive. So, what does all this have to do with CASology's cue card: Candle? Well, when I went to check this store out, I bought a most beautiful Memory Box Candle die. How perfect is that. Here is the card I made.
I die cut several candles and layered them for dimension. I love the white on white look, but I wanted just a pop of colour - hence the red sentiment from Paper Smooches. I also went over the die cut with my glitter gel pen for just that added touch of sparkle. I love the way it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.

Happy Stamping,
Meg

4 comments:

  1. your card is stunning Meg - and the pop of red for the sentiment is perfect! i went thru many of your cards and love your CAS style - and thanks for your kind comment on my candle card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love all the white on white with the pop of red! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fabulous Meg! Love the texture and dimension and your white on white. Nicely done. Thanks for playing at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Meg: I know it's very late to come here and comment about this amazing card but I just saw it on the CASology winner post, so I had to let you know how amazing this card is. Not only the die is marvelous, but cutting it all in white and adding the sparkle made it simply spectacular, adding the sentiment in red totally ties this design perfectly. I love Memory Box dies, I have a few of them but not this particular one so, guess what I'll be doing as soon as I send this comment to you? ;)
    Congratulations on the Honorable Mention, your card is amazing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!